What is a bright white thick line at back of the head in an MRI report mean?

Question
Hi, i had a question about a recent mri that i had. It is probably nothing and im actually going to my primary doctor tomorrow about my chronic health issues but i did want to ask a question about my recent mri even though it might be dumb. I see on the back of my head on the right side a bright white thick line and was wondering if that is bone on that side or something else and just wondered why i can't see the same thing on the left side?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is normal Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I have taken a look at both images. The structure at the back of the skull for sure is a bone. It is present on both images. There is no reason to get worried about this image as I also find no a gross abnormality/differences on these images. Also, images are taken at different levels and angles. This means that the images cannot be exactly the same. This may explain why you are seeing some subtle differences. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well as you meet your physician tomorrow. Feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What is a bright white thick line at back of the head in an MRI report mean? 11 minutes later
i'm sorry that is not the image i was wanting you to look at. I sent the wrong image. Could you look at the second mri picture instead its just of one photo.

Brief Answer: It is not a bone Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for this follow up precision. It is clearly not a bony structure. It resembles a soft tissue that would be identified in context. I cannot tell for sure what it represents but looks more like a fatty tissue. Your doctor should be bale to have the specialist reading of this. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.