What is a amorphous calcified uterine fibroid that is 4.04?

What is a amorphous calcified uterine fibroid that is 4.04 x 3.61cm
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rene Gerard Cruz Galera Jr 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX! Thank you for your question and welcome to our site.

First, amorphous calcification is a type of calcium deposition with no clearly defined shape or form. Uterine fibroid, on the other hand, is another name for leiomyoma (more commonly known as a myoma), the most common solid benign uterine tumor.

Putting them together: a uterine myoma with the dimension (size) of 4.04x3.61cm was found to have some calcium deposits with no clearly defined shape or form.

I hope I was able to answer your query! Should you have more questions, please feel free. Otherwise, you may opt to close this discussion and rate the answer.

Take care!

Dr. Galera