What is Voltaren gel for?
User rating for this question
I have a problem with my knee cannt hardly walk it burns and hurts . Dr gave me a gel to put on it Voltaren what is it for??
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCm Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Voltaren Gel is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication in topical form used, mostly on knees and hands and it has effect on pain,swelling and reduces inflammation. Mostly it reduces pain and this is used as symptomatic therapy in bone and muscle pain syndromes. It will not cure the cause of your difficulties but pain will subside. To treat the cause, you need to find what is causing your pain. It can be arhritis, rheumatoid diseases or some other. Beside gel,you may need some oral antiinflammatory medicines so if there is no improvement,consult your doctor about it. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: What is Voltaren gel for? 22 hours later
can inflammation cause you to be dizzie?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
People also viewed
- Tips 2 thoracic endplate change
- Reaction to vaccine
- Pain from changes t12 l1
- Legs are swollen and changing colors
- Thyroid goiter surgery
- Voltaren gel for rheumatoid arthritis
- What are the side effects of voltaren gel?
- Voltaren gel and restless leg
- Voltaren gel, fingernails, discolor
- Reversal of lordosis and focal osteoarthritic change
- Antibiotics and periods
- Excel g-lite plus
- How to applying voltaren gel
- Growth hormone disorders
- Hand tingling change in color