What is IUI process and how much does it cost?

Infertility Specialist
What is IUI process and normally how much does it costs?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 32 minutes later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) IUI is Intra Uterine Insemination. It is the deliberate introduction of semen into a female's uterus for the purpose of achieving a pregnancy through fertilisation by means other than ejaculation. It is the medical alternative to sexual intercourse, or natural insemination.

2) In this process medicines ( tablets and injections) will be given to the lady to get a dominant follicle measuring about 18 mm in size. Once the follcle is dominant injection hCG is given to rupture it. IUI is performed 36 hours after injection hCG.

3) During IUI, Your husband's sample is washed and undergoes some processes in laboratory to get best and motile sperms out which are then put inside your uterus ( womb).

4) This process cost varies in different towns. Generally costs between 2,000 to 7,000 rupees. There is wide variation in hospitals charging.

5) You have been given aliveher tablets to improve your endometrial thickness.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: What is IUI process and how much does it cost? 46 minutes later
Thanks Doctor, what is the sucess rate and at the time of IUI do i have to take work off for teh process.

Poonam Iyer
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Success rate varies between 8 ti 18 percent. It is not compulsory to take off from work. But it is advisable to be stress free during this time. Hence, if its not difficult, please take 3 days off after IUI and be without physical or mental stress. I hope you are clear now. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol