What is HIV ELISA test ?

HI I have a question, I have tested 33 days after exposure. Tests I took included : HIV DNA, PCR/HIV Ab, HIV-DNA by PCR, HIV-DNA RT by PCR , HIV 1/0/2 Abs-Index Value <1.00 , HIV 1/0/2 Abs, Qual Non Reactive on both. HIV-1 DNA NOT DETECTED. Done by LabCorp. I am coming up on two months after exposure and still worried sick if I should test again, or if the first results are conclusive. Curently Iam experincing some dry mouth and some night sweats. My stress level is just sky high. Thank you for your answere in advance.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later
Hello JekaAcnrep,
You have undergone a complete battery of tests and they indicate that you are not infected. 33 days is a good enough period for the infection to be detected through these tests. Please check if a p24 antigen analysis has been done or not as it is one of the first viral antigens to be detected through PCR.
I do not see any point in getting yourself undergo this exhaustive battery again. You may consider getting an HIV ELISA done at this stage ( it is a quick and cheap test). Just to be doubly sure. Just relax and be careful in the future. I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available if you have any further queries.