What is AICA against nerve complex and how can it be medically treated?

Need help please - What exactly is "AICA against the nerve complex", and how is this medically treated?

To whom it may concern,

Can someone please tell me what exactly is "AICA against the nerve complex" is, and how this is medically treated? How serious is this? These are the note(s) on my 3 recent MRI scans. I have been suffering for months. I have not yet got the details on what this is other than what I have Googled. Can a qualified professional please elaborate on this, and how this will be medically treated? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 23 minutes later

AICA is the short form used for Anterior Inferior Cerebellar artery in Neurology. This can compress on the facial-vestibulocochlear nerve complex and cause symptoms related to these nerves. But this is just an assumption. I would like to know some details about your symptoms and the context in which the scan was done to make it clearer.

I thank you again for submitting the query. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R