What happens when suffering from decompensated cirrhosis?
User rating for this question
My Mother-in-law is 81 diagnosed with cirohosis of the liver about 4 yrs ago and has a large distended stomach, and needs transfusions weekly as hemeglobinis usually 74-77,has had numerous coterization in her stomack(watermelon) want to know where this is leading?? What stage of chlerosis ??
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: she may have been in decompensated cirrhosis. Detailed Answer: Hi, I feel sorry for her condition. Let me explain. From your description, i get the impression that she is in decompensated cirrhosis. It is difficult to predict the immediate outcome, as you have not mentioned the treatment she received (or receiving) or the cause of cirrhosis. Frequent requirements for blood transfusions mean, blood loss through gut, which mean severe disease. If liver transplantation is possible, she can have an extended life. But her age and other issues may well hinder that option. I feel dejected to say that she may progress to end stage liver disease, with only symptomatic treatment. I wish you good luck.
Follow-up: What happens when suffering from decompensated cirrhosis? 48 hours later
Just had her in for another scope they say her stomach is the problem and nothing more they can do but cotterize and transfusions !! I am thinking soon will be the end for her !! Top of stomach bleeds and bottom as well !! Her age prevents transplants!! as far as we know fatty liver is the culprit !!! Just wish we had more info on what to expect !!!
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 15 minutes later
People also viewed
- Compensated vs decompensated cirrhosis
- Constant diarrhea after dukan diet
- Colour of discharge after flu
- Symptoms red anal area clear liquid
- Constant hunger pains after night shift
- What is cirrhosis
- What happens when suffering from decompensated cirrhosis
- Anal fissure trimovate cream
- Anal itch cortic ds
- Compulsive pukng after eating fried fish
- Anal dry and cracking
- Decompensated cirrhosis of liver
- Dizziness and constipation after taking pregnancy supplements
- What happens at hospice with end stage cirrhosis
- How to clean under anal skin tags