What happens during 17 week of pregnancy?

what kind of things/feelings can occur that are normal or not normal during 17 week of pregnancy?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Described below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. At 17 weeks of pregnancy you will be able to feel the baby moving around inside the uterus as it is active and healthy and denotes a healthy development of it's nervous and musculoskeletal system. If it has not yet started you will fell it in next 2-3 weeks. ' There can be some digestive problems nausea excessive gas and indigestion headache constipation. In some cases a mild lower abdominal pain is also normal due to stretching of the ligaments. There can be a lower back pain due to the posture. The worrisome symptoms are excessive and continuous pain in the abdomen decreased fetal movements vaginal bleeding constant headache with dizziness - all these symptoms need a medical attention. Go for regular antenatal checkup. Get your blood pressure checked regularly, better in the left lateral position while lying down. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables for good nutrition and also to prevent constipation. Drink enough water. Avoid sexual intercourse or bumpy, long journeys towards the last 6 weeks of your pregnancy to reduce chance of pre-term labour. Wishing you a beautiful pregnancy and healthy delivery and baby. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What happens during 17 week of pregnancy? 2 days later
im currently 18 weeks pregnant, I felt a sensation that felt like a spasm it went down to my vaginal area as if my bladder was being pushed on, not sure if its normal or abnormal can u let me know what im experiencing? , this is my first pregnancy not sure if its the baby hiccups/Braxton hicks? it only lasted about a second or two happened 2x for the first time today??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX likely Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The spasms that you have felt can be XXXXXXX XXXXXXX contractions or simple muscle spasms. Such happenings are considered normal during pregnancy. If the spasms are occurring at regular intervals then these do need a medical attention. An occasional contraction is not worrisome. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards