What happens after removing ovarian cysts?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
labroscopic ovarywhat will happen when the cyst is remove off your ovary and how

long you be on your mentalstration one the cyst is remove from the ovary
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Usually during ovarian cystectomy only the cyst that is the diseased part of the ovary will be removed.
So the remaining healthy part will function as usual.
The other side ovary and the leftover part of this ovary are enough to produce ovum monthly and to maintain the hormonal balance.
So after the procedure the woman with remaining healthy ovarian tissue will continue to have her regular cycles and will have till she attains menopause, except she is having some other hormonal abnormality.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: What happens after removing ovarian cysts? 17 days later
hi my name is XXXXXXX and i had laproscoptic done witch it concern my ovaries and cyst my doctor told me had also found edometris and he said everything was taken care of cause the surgery was on Nov 7 2012 my next follow up is in XXXXXXX but what i don't understand that the pain came back on both side of my ovaries since the surgery it the same pain that i had before for years only thing it had got worse since this year before the surgery and after it hurt so bad that i had to hold both sides doctor can someone please give advice of what should i do thank u doctor.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

The possible causes for your persisting pain are:
-Adhesions due to laparoscopic procedure.
-Pelvic inflammatory disease.
-Retained bits of endometrial tissue.
So, if possible you consult your doctor early, undergo physical examination and ultrasound. Which can find out the possible cause for your problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Meanwhile you can take antispasmodics to get relief from pain.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: What happens after removing ovarian cysts? 4 hours later
thank you doctor im satisfied with my answer about laproscoptic

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX ,
You are welcome.
Wish you good health, take care.