What happens after pacemaker implantation?
User rating for this question
Pacemaker surgery,my mother had yesterday? What does it entail?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Heart related problem subside. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I assume your mother had symptomatic bradycardia (heart rate below 60 BPM). Due to improper fucntioning of SA node or poor conduction of impulse she was having low heart rate. As it showed symptoms, she was advised pacemaker implantation. After implantation she will feel better and will not have heart related symptoms. Usually patients are discharged in one or two days. Even this also have complications like infection or blood clots. You should see her treating doctor if any of the following seen: *pain, swelling and redness at the site of the pacemaker *breathlessness *dizziness *prolonged hiccups *fainting *prolonged weakness *chest pains *a high temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) or above Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
People also viewed
- What happens after pacemaker implantation
- Hypertension drugs side effect violence
- 2 month old with hoarse cough
- Cough medicine safe for heart patients
- Recovery time after pacemaker implant
- Warfarin can i drive
- Ureteral stent drinking water
- What md should i see with a pacemaker implant
- What changes will happen after installing pacemaker
- Heartbeat in throat makes me cough
- Sore throat heavy cough and lightheadedness
- Tickly cough as hiv symptom
- Hcg drops and palpitations
- Dizzy after pacemaker implantation
- Drizzness ears sound heart be fast