What happens after pacemaker implantation?
User rating for this question
Pacemaker surgery,my mother had yesterday? What does it entail?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Heart related problem subside. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I assume your mother had symptomatic bradycardia (heart rate below 60 BPM). Due to improper fucntioning of SA node or poor conduction of impulse she was having low heart rate. As it showed symptoms, she was advised pacemaker implantation. After implantation she will feel better and will not have heart related symptoms. Usually patients are discharged in one or two days. Even this also have complications like infection or blood clots. You should see her treating doctor if any of the following seen: *pain, swelling and redness at the site of the pacemaker *breathlessness *dizziness *prolonged hiccups *fainting *prolonged weakness *chest pains *a high temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) or above Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
People also viewed
- What foods are high in tropanin
- Keep smelling weird smell and getting headaches
- What changes will happen after installing pacemaker
- What md should i see with a pacemaker implant
- Foods need to lower spgt
- Getting pregnant using middlesmertz to time intercourse
- Dizzy after pacemaker implantation
- Getting rid of the opiate itch
- Salty food leads to palpitations
- What happens after pacemaker implantation
- Food for weak heart
- Food for strong heart
- Recovery time after pacemaker implant
- Getting moody and stress lately
- My 6 month old is getting laryngitis