What foods should be avoided while taking zarelto?

What foods should I avoid, if any, when taking zarelto?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a new medication which has been proven to be very successful in managing anticoagulation.

I would recommend that you continue to eat a well-balanced diet. They are really no major food groups which are contraindicated when taking this medication.

as long as you continue to take the medication on a daily basis there should not be a significant fluctuation in how thing your blood remains. With Coumadin food and medications can significantly affect how the medication works.

again I would say that as long as you are eating a well-balanced diet it would not be necessary for you to avoid particular foods or focus on taking excessive amounts of particular foods as well.

thank you again for sending your question. I hope this has been a helpful experience for you. If you have any additional specific concerns please let me know.

Dr. Galamaga