What foods should be avoided for head psoriasis and what triggers skin and scalp disease?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
My son had head psoriasis, it was healed but will it attack again, i want to know what are the foods to prevent? What triggers this skin & sculp disease? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Psoriasis

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 days later
Brief Answer: scalp psoriasis Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your son's skin condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. See your son has scalp psoriasis. I hope you must be knowing by now that it is an autoimmune skin condition which means that it is not infective in nature . It has a tendency of recurring every now and then . It tends to exacerbate in winters every year. See first of all, this skin condition has no relation to diet or food intake. Next sunlight is considered very good for it. So I would advise direct sun exposure to scalp every day for atleast ten minutes. Keeping short trimmed hair helps in better sun penetration and exposure to scalp. See a long term treatment of this skin condition is essential in most cases since skin lesions tend to be recur. In most cases, only topical application of drugs is sufficient and systemic or oral drugs are not required. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What foods should be avoided for head psoriasis and what triggers skin and scalp disease? 12 minutes later
What is the best cream for this doctor? Thanks for the information, and i know that it will help my son a lot!

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: scalp psoriasis Detailed Answer: See among the easily available options, you have psoriasis coal tar shampoos and lotions which are available. He can the the lotion once daily and the shampoo twice a week. Take care to follow other precaution too as told. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What foods should be avoided for head psoriasis and what triggers skin and scalp disease? 3 minutes later
He is using selsun blue since it was cured and until now... I know it helps and still i will follow ur recommended shampoo n lotion. Thank you so much!!!

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: best of XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Wishing your son speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul