What food is best for bone strengthening?

Mar 2016

what food I should eat to widen my bone or strengthen my bone
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. You need to take Calcium and Vitamin- D enriched food stuffs to strengthen or widening your bone. There are several foods like Skimmed milk, Milkshake, Yoghurt & Cream, Cheeses, Broccoli, Curly XXXXXXX Watercress, Okra, Beans, Peas, Ground or Walnut, Almond, Sesame seed, Custard, Pudding rice, Salmon fish, Whitebait fish, Pasta, White bread, Apricots, Orange, Currants, Pigs, Tofu, Paneer, Soy bean, Pizza, Boiled egg or Omelette etc. You can chose favourite one from the list and take them adequately. They all contain high amount of Calcium and Vitamin D. During pregnancy period, daily calcium requirement is 1000 mg and Vitamin D is around 600 IU. You may need to take additional Calcium tab after 16 weeks to combat the deficiency. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: What food is best for bone strengthening? 7 days later
what we should do to have a flat tummy?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 4 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. For flat tummy, I give you overall guidance to get effective result: 1) Do regular physical exercise by means of jogging/ treadmill/ running/ walking for 1 to 2 hrs. You should continue this for 6-12 months continuously. This will be more effective for overall body weight reduction. 2) Do regular abdominal muscle stretching exercise for toning and shaping rectus abdominis & oblique muscle. It will be done for 5 to 10 min daily for best result. 3) Include Ab Exercise by means of captain's chair, bicycle maneuver, exercise ball crunch etc. Reverse crunches recruit more muscle fibers than basic crunch and will give better results, specially for mid section. Keep, your stomach muscle tight during this exercise. 4) Exercise for Transverse Abdominis, which is the deepest layer of abdomen and need to strengthen. It will help to flatten and tighten your stomach. You can do this in following way: a) Lie down on supine position with bending knees and feet will be on mat about 1 ft from your buttocks. Take deep inhales to push up your stomach & exhales to relax with pulling in the same (50 times at single round). b) Along with, you need to tighten pelvic floor muscles by Kegel exercise. These are basically used to tighten muscles to stop urinating. c) Try to hold your breathing without releasing contraction of your abdomen and pelvis. Do practice regularly with 10 to 12 times. 5) Take balanced diet with avoidance of unhealthy fat and high calorie food stuffs. Drink more water, eat fresh fruits and vegetables. You can consult with a dietician for proper diet chart. 6) Avoid mental stress or depression/ emotional upset by yoga or meditation. Take sound sleep 6-8 hrs daily for complete relaxation. 7) Some condition like hypothyroidism, diabetes, hypertension and other metabolic causes should be ruled out by relevant investigation like thyroid profile, blood sugar etc. You can consult with physician regarding this for supportive treatment. Hope, I have guided you with proper instruction. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen