What first aid should I take for itching under the feet?

hi, I've got this problem and so alarming about when it first appear I am not so worried, but now I'm so scared to know what is this. It is so itchy thing under my foot (both feet) and there's a water in it once I pop it, I just only apply some kind of anti septic ointment such as bethadine, please, advise me what first aid I should do before I see a doctor like you are?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later

Constant itching in the feet could be due to many reasons like-

1. Abrasion caused by your shoes, or by poorly fitting socks- This makes the skin raw and it starts itching. I hope you are not using any new shoes.

2.Heavy sweating of the feet-The moisture causes your feet to itch. Too dirty feet have many tiny particles that build up and make them uncomfortable. You need to wash your feet properly with warm soapy water and let them dry properly.

3. Eczema and dermatitis- cause excessive dry skin and can lead to itchy dry feet.

4. Athlete's feet- a common fungal condition that develops between the toes and results in itchy feet.

There are a variety of treatments available over the counter, but it is best to consult your dermatologist for diagnosis and proper treatment.

Meanwhile you can apply calamine lotion and a steroid(cortisone) based antiseptic cream on the area for symptomatic relief.

You can also take Benadryl or Actifed orally for the itching.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.