What factors contribute to skin colour of a baby?

Question
My girlfriend and I are white our baby was born brown then turned white but his scrotom is brown and eyes are brown but looks white can he be mine
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Genetics

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, he can be your's Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Appearance of the baby may not always be in congruent with the parents (mother and father). They can resemble or have characters of your or her genetically related father, mother, uncles or aunts too. Regards,

Follow-up: What factors contribute to skin colour of a baby? 1 hour later
Her grandfather was 100 percent Native American also she's in methadone matinence program could that effect his appearance he's been in the nic unit a month going home this week

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Not Methadone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back again. It could be from her father genetics but not Methadone. Regards,

Follow-up: What factors contribute to skin colour of a baby? 20 hours later
How common is that she has 2 other children not by me that are defenatly white

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 hours later
Brief Answer: Its a chance Detailed Answer: Hi again, The possibility of the combination of genes is wide. Its always a chance and sometimes explained by dominant genes which cannot be commented on unless assessed. regards,