What exercises can I do for Erb's palsy?

My son has erbs palsy.He underwent various treatments like wearing splint,electrical stimulation and physiotherapy.He is 14 years now.He weighs 90 kg,and he is 185cm tall.Can you suggest some specific exercises he can do on his own?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

An erb's palsy present since birth is due to a permanent damage to the nerve. You have already done all the possible treatments like splint, electrical stimulation, etc.
Recovery of any permanently damaged nerve after such a long time is not possible.
Now only some routine physiotherapy based passive muscle exercises can be done only to prevent the further muscle atrophy and avoid the joint stiffness.
The exercises are best done under the guidance of a physiotherapist.
I will also suggest him to indulge in other exercises to reduce some of his body weight.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.