What exercises and protocol should I follow for Deep vein thrombosis?
User rating for this question
I have had dvt three times in past 13 years. I am 70 and am on exterol(?) Legs are swollen and disagosed as DVT and pfibitis (sp) . Had a gren field filter 3 years ago. What excercises and protocol can i follow to help my condition
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. DVT is found mainly in people with certain heart diseases and hematological disorders of blood clotting. There are measures which can prevent it and if it already happens then it should be treated in hospital with anticoagulant therapy. Superficial phlebitis is not XXXXXXX as DVT which can lead to serious consequances. Phlebitis is usually treated with cold compresses, leg eleveation, heaprin gel and sometimes antibiotics. To prevent DVT you should avoid long sitting, regulate body weight, regulate blood sugar and lipids, keep your legs elevated, prevent falls and injuries, Eat a steady diet, wear compression stockings. There is no specific exercise, you should take walks 5 or 6 times a day, if possible. Also,just move your feet up and down for few minutes every time when you are laying,it will increase blood flow in legs. If there is high risk of DVT then you may need anticoagulant therapy with marivarine,if you already dont have it so consult your doctor about it. sometimes intravenous heparine therapy is necessary too. But in most cases DVT will pass with no consequances,however,if you feel breathing diffciulties or chest pain,you should visit ER. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of robitussin dm infant drops?
- Symptoms of silent heart attack
- Is irritation of the throat a side effect of salmeterol?
- Enoxaparin for deep vein thrombosis
- Symptoms of swma/pe/ thrombus
- Deep vein thrombosis sauna
- Is unusual facial expressions a side effect of seroquel?
- Is breast pain or tenderness a side effect of premphase?
- Symptoms of exteme supine hypertension
- Deep vein thrombosis treatment
- Is skin blisters a side effect of prevacid naprapac 375?
- What is deep vein thrombosis
- Clexane deep vein thrombosis
- Symptoms of septal aneurysm
- Symptoms of sudden heart failure