What exercise should be done while working on the computer?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i would like to know the exercises done while sitting in front of the system,
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 hours later
The first thing is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Keep your back straight, push your shoulders back, and ensure that your eyes are level with the top of your monitor. Rest your wrists on the table and not on the keypad. Bend your knees at 90% and keep your feet flat on the ground. These precautions should help keep back pain and wrist issues at bay.
Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water.
While sitting at your desk you can roll your shoulders and wrists, stretch your neck- in front, back and sideways.
You can learn the following exercises from a physiotherapist and do them regularly-
1. Forearm stretching. Helps prevent conditions like headaches and keep the deep, supportive neck muscles strong.
3. Wall slides. Stretches upper shoulders and mid-back and keeps the postural muscles strong.
4. Heel raises. Keeps circulation going to the feet and lower legs.
5. Seated knee extension. Helps with flexibility in the backs of the legs and strength of the front of the thighs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.