What exercise should be done to reduce the fat from the body?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Why water retention/fat tends to happen/accumulate at my lower body part (hips/ thigh), as such, I have pear shape body. Is there any way to counter this, has it got to do with my metabolism?
What kind of exercise shall I do?(I just started doing yoga), How often? and how about diet?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Pear–shaped individuals are more likely to store fat than carbohydrates and protein, and also will have lower basal metabolic rate. The best way for pear–shaped individual to lose inches is to be conscious of their fat intake in the diet.

A diet XXXXXXX in complex carbohydrates, such as whole-grain cereals, lentils ,beans, lean protein with lots of raw vegetables & fruits will help to melt down the excess pounds.

Apart from the diet, another way to slim hips and thighs is to do exercise, focusing on aerobic activities like running, jogging, biking that works on your lower body and burns calories.
Daily physical activity of 30 minutes of aerobics, at least 3 times a week at low-to moderate intensity, preferably early in the morning, will help to boost your metabolism. Another 3 days of moderate strength training for 30 minutes will tend to tone your muscles and shape up the body.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham.