What else should be checked for upper abdomen burning and pain?

I have been experiencing upper abdomen burning and pain. The H pylori blood test was negative. The blood test also revealed that there is not elevated proteins from the Pancreas. The pain is really severe - similar to gull bladder pain prior to its removal. what else should be checked?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Pain in upper abdomen can be due to Liver, Billiary system, Acid peptic disease, and intestinal and Pancreas. So I will advise you to get Liver function tests and ultrasound abdomen which will tell about liver, pancreas and billiary system. I hope there is no problem in bowel movements which may suggest that it may not be of intestinal origin. However the kind of pain you are describing appears to be due to acid peptic disease in which endoscopy may be normal. So meanwhile I will advise you to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.