What else should be checked for upper abdomen burning and pain?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Pain in upper abdomen can be due to Liver, Billiary system, Acid peptic disease, and intestinal and Pancreas. So I will advise you to get Liver function tests and ultrasound abdomen which will tell about liver, pancreas and billiary system. I hope there is no problem in bowel movements which may suggest that it may not be of intestinal origin. However the kind of pain you are describing appears to be due to acid peptic disease in which endoscopy may be normal. So meanwhile I will advise you to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
People also viewed
- Difficulty during bowel movement constipation feeling remedy
- Im dipping and my lip is twitching
- Heart slows down and speeds up randomly
- Chronic gastritis side effects after medication recommendations
- Periportal cuffing causes
- Bloated upper abdomen and and burning pain
- Pain and burning in the upper abdomen is this ulcer
- Burning pain in upper abdomen
- Bloated stomach could it be fluid retention
- How long does tamoxifen take to work?
- Have abdomen pain suffering from indigestion suggest
- Throbbing burning pain and pressure in upper abdomen
- Suffering from ms need a permanent cure
- Burning pain in upper abdomen between ribs
- Red solid particles in stool