What drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from Methadone?
User rating for this question
what drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from methadone? Does diazepam help?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: clonidine Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The most commonly used drug in methadone withdrawal is clonidine. It is generally safe to use if you don't have any blood pressure problems, and it reduces the agitation, palpitations, and anxiety. Other anti anxiety medications like diazepam can help as well, but clonidine is more commonly used. Other options include slower tapering off of the methadone, using anesthetics to induce sleep, or subutex. All of these options require medical supervision, so make sure to do them with your doctor and discuss what is right fr you. I wish you the best of luck in getting off the methadone. You should be proud of yourself for what you are doing, it is not easy and takes a lot of courage. Keep up the good work! I hope this was helpful, if you have any more questions, please let me know.
People also viewed
- What drug has the worst withdrawal symptoms
- What drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from methadone
- Withdrawal symptoms of zoloft drug
- 40 weeks pregnant mucus discharge green
- 40 weeks pregnant light greenish yellow discharge
- Uses of clavix as 75 tablets
- Tab. nurokind lc (mankind)
- What helps sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What helps zoloft withdrawal symptoms
- Dark orange pee 40 weeks pregnant
- Disadvantages of petogen injection
- Foods to be resticted while taking acitrome
- Developmental changes in 40 year old women
- Have there been overdoses by taking 100 mg vyvanse
- Detail for febuget 40