What drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from Methadone?
User rating for this question
what drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from methadone? Does diazepam help?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: clonidine Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The most commonly used drug in methadone withdrawal is clonidine. It is generally safe to use if you don't have any blood pressure problems, and it reduces the agitation, palpitations, and anxiety. Other anti anxiety medications like diazepam can help as well, but clonidine is more commonly used. Other options include slower tapering off of the methadone, using anesthetics to induce sleep, or subutex. All of these options require medical supervision, so make sure to do them with your doctor and discuss what is right fr you. I wish you the best of luck in getting off the methadone. You should be proud of yourself for what you are doing, it is not easy and takes a lot of courage. Keep up the good work! I hope this was helpful, if you have any more questions, please let me know.
People also viewed
- What drug has the worst withdrawal symptoms
- Beta cap tr dosage
- What is beselac forte
- What drugs help ease withdrawal symptoms from methadone
- Withdrawal symptoms of zoloft drug
- Can betablockers cause spots
- Shih tzu inflamed penis tip
- Inflamed pappilae or strep
- What helps sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What helps zoloft withdrawal symptoms
- Red and inflamed vaginal area
- Painfull red inflamed toe
- Salt content of betacap tr medicine
- Red inflammed skin with white whelps
- Is benzonatate used for uti