What drugs can be passed through semen secondhand and how long would trace elements remain in recipient?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
What drugs can be passed thru semen secondhand, n how long would trace elements remain in recipient?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Hello XXXXX

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

However, your question is too vast. When it comes to drugs, you need to know that different drugs have different mechanisms of action and there are wide range of drugs that can get into any system ranging from antibiotics, pain killers, hypertension medicines etc etc. Unless you wish to mention which particular drug/drugs interest you, I am afraid your question will be difficult to answer.
There are just a wide range of drugs that can pass through semen but most of them will have significantly little effect if pass to the other partner.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: What drugs can be passed through semen secondhand and how long would trace elements remain in recipient? 2 minutes later
The drugs I was referring to we're marijuana, psilocybin, cocaine, n methamphetamins

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 minutes later
Well, they can all pass through semen (be detected) even though in different quantities. They will definitely pass through semen to the other partner but in very minute concentrations which could possible not be detected. But if this is done for long with repeated semen into the recipient's system, the concentration might add up but it will be rare for them to directly affect the recipient.

Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: What drugs can be passed through semen secondhand and how long would trace elements remain in recipient? 22 minutes later
So basically yes, but in amounts so insignificant by average test standards.. It Would take repeated exposure in order for enough to accumulate to be indicated, if I'm understanding correctly?.. So still possible but not probable

One more question, if u don't mind.. If I live with a person, who tho ventilated the house, smokes marijuana very heavily.. What are the odds of me testing dirty?

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 21 minutes later
Yes exactly. Possible but not probable. The odds are you are an indirect smoker and you will still inhale the marijuana not in the same quantity as the actual smoker but in little quantities. Yours situation, if you are an indirect smoker, is that you do not even know that you are taking it. As time goes on, you will continue accumulating the toxin into your system and might definitely test positive for marijuana.

Hope this helps further.
Dr. Nsah