What dose low absolute monocytes in blood work meant?

what dose low absolute monocytes in blood work meant ? my was 152 the rarnge is 200-
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
A low monocyte count can mean several things like bone marrow damage, with certain medications and in certain severe infections as well.
Each report needs to be interpreted in the light of the clinical background. I will be able to help you better if you can answer the following questions:
a. Are the other parameters on your blood work normal? Can you please share the report?
b. Do you currently have any symptoms like fatigue, body ache, bleeding points or tendency to get sick or weight loss or loss of appetite? Please let me know anything unusual that you have experienced in the past few weeks/months?

Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: What dose low absolute monocytes in blood work meant? 2 hours later
No I am doing meta-fast and they did my blood work all was normal that's the only one that came back low and I think my points for 152 in the range was a 200 I have lost 12 pounds but I've been trying to lose 12 pounds but I feel good. I have had some very very heavy periods It's often
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 5 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
If you do not have any symptoms and the rest of it is normal, then I dont think there is a cause to worry. We could be looking at a laboratory error as well.
What I would suggest is that you repeat the test after 6 weeks. We should be looking for another problem if it is still low.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can help with any more concerns. If you do not have questions, please close this discussion.