What does'igg-458 iga-150 igm-42 ana-abnormal' mean?

Excellent

Question
I have labs I don't understand. igg-458 iga-150 igm-42 ana-abnormal ck-145 complement-63 aldolase-8.3
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Autoimmune, ANA, Needs clinical correlation Detailed Answer: good day XXXX Thank you for asking.Usually the Levels of immunoglobulin vary with age and gender.IgG mean values for the different age groups ranged from 688 to 1251 mg/100 ml in the males and from 720 to 1038 mg/100 ml in the females so you have low levels of IgG immunoglobulins. For the IgA class the mean values ranged from 81 to 211 mg/100 in the males and from 90 to 206 mg/100 ml in the females. You have normal levels of IgA. Mean values of IgM varied from 65 to 132 mg/100 ml in the males and from 96 to 114 mg/100 ml in the females. you have low Levels of IgM too. Normal levels of aldolase for Age 17 years and older: < 7.5 U/L (approximation) So your levels are mildly raised but not significant. The reference range of complement serum C3 levels vary by sex, as follows: Males: 88-252 mg/dL Females: 88-206 mg/dL The reference range of complement serum C4 levels also vary by sex, as follows: Males: 12-72 mg/dL Females: 13-75 mg/dL Now you did not mention which complement levels you mentioned so not sure but looks normal. The normal cut of levels for Creatinine kinase are Gender Conventional Units (U/L) SI Units (mkat/L) Male 171 2.86 Female 145 2.42 So you are also in that normal limits. The only issue here reliable is ANA test which is abnormal. It indicates an autoimmune disorder and needs further work up with clinical correlation.get a rheumatologist and neurologist to sort out the aetiology for you. Hope XXXX this answer finds you in good faith. Take good care of yourself and do as directed.Please don't forget to close the discussion. Regards Khan

Follow-up: What does'igg-458 iga-150 igm-42 ana-abnormal' mean? 12 hours later
I'm a 58 year old woman. Please remove other criteria, it gets confusing. On the IGG's please explain how high or low would affect me. I have trouble with bacterial infections. I also have trouble with yeast. Do any of the IGG results explain things? As far as the ANA what possibilities are there for someone who has MS like condition, Raynaud's, Mottled skin, allergic to sun, don't perspire, rashes on the skin, I have myoclonus and some form of dystonia. The complement was total ch50. What does elevated aldolase mean for me?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: An autoimmune disorder is suspected Detailed Answer: Thank you again XXXX As you have already an immune disease like MS so immunoglobulins are no significant in their mild derangements, Also the aldolase levels are not significant, the only worrisome indication is ANA, and it needs work up like Anti Double stranded DNA, Anti XXXXXXX Anti mitochondrial antibodies etc, I suspect some multi organ involving systemic disease like behcet or lupus etc. XXXX you have a very complicated troubles and they need a complete clinical correlation. As i humbly mentioned a simple lab result of immunoglobulin assay would never suffice. Please seek an expert neurologist opinion for further management. Hope you see it in right perspective. You provided the lab results and i interpreted the results. Rest to correlate the diagnosis, it needs to be correlated clinically. Kindly take good care and don't forget to close the discussion please. Regards Khan

Follow-up: What does'igg-458 iga-150 igm-42 ana-abnormal' mean? 1 hour later
apparently ive confused you.i don't have ms.they thought that's what I had but too many negative mri.i think that misconstrued my results.i don't know what the elevated igg and igm affects a 58 year woman.the complement says ch50 my s>63,high with 22 reg.what does the complement mean.i do see a neurologist in 3 weeks.thanks

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Autoimmune disorder, No reliable Ig level assay Detailed Answer: Miss XXXX Thank you for asking again. As i mentioned, complement levels and ANA levels derangement are strong indicator of an autoimmune disease like lupus and behcet etc. So you need a rheumatologist more than a neurologist here. Age and sex and other factors even seasonal variations occur in immunoglobulin levels so they are never reliable. Hope you see it in right perspective. Regards Khan