What does 'vacuolated neutrophils, clotted platelets and fibrin' indicate in a blood test report?

i received a blood test back that indicated vacuolated neutrophils, clotted plattelets and fibrin. All other values were normal except a high sed rate. What can these mean? I have lupus and have been tired lately but nothing out of the ordinary.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Looking at these findings together, one would think of a bacterial infection. However, this can even be due to an improperly preserved sample. As you are doing quite well, you may repeat the smear once and see. It could well be an artefact. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.