What does urine analysis " WBC at 6-10 and RBC at 20-40" mean?
User rating for this question
A urine analysis I had done a few months ago was fine. I saw a little blood in my urine and had analysis done on Dec. 28. It showed WBC at 6-10 range and RBC at 20-40 range. This was fine a few months ago. I am waiting to hear back from my doctor. According to the results my counts are out of range. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Urine analysis is a test which can be different even after a day. So your urine analysis done few months ago is not valid anymore. Your recent urine analysis indicates an infection of urinary tract. Especially if you have also frequent urinating and burning while urinating. Please consult your doctor and get antibiotic prescribed. After antibiotic course, another urine analysis should be done. If still blood will be present, urologist should be consulted. In a meanwhile please drink plenty of mineral water and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Is fan bad for sinus
- Wbc in urine but no rbc
- My 8 year old hasnt urinate
- Dose of akt4 tablet
- Pus filled bump on gum next to tooth with cavity
- Red mark on penis head levofloxacin
- Whats normal range of rbc and wbc in urine test
- Frequent urination in infants with 10 15 rbc and 15 20 wbc
- Light headed and sulfur
- Urine transparency slightly hazy
- Red veins in eyes and anemia
- How to get relief from gastritis
- Using shower head to massage prostate
- Does increased wbc and rbc in urine mean uti
- What does this mean 10 rbc and 60 wbc in urine