What does two bad ana tests indicate?

hi i have had 2 bad ana tests come back what could this meanhellohello is anyone here ok please snd your reply to m email at cindylouhugs2@aolcom i amtired
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: More detailed information + test reports required Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I am afraid the provided details are too sketchy to offer you a reasonable opinion. I would request you to kindly upload the scanned copies of the test reports, as well as, share with me the various problems you are passing through. I will then correlate your problems along with the test reports and revert back to you with a firm opinion. In the meanwhile, it will help you in knowing something about ANA- which stands for anti-nuclear antibodies. That is, following a defect in the body's defence mechanism (immune system), it starts producing antibodies (called autoantibodies) directed against its own tissues. In the case of ANA, the immune system produces autoantibodies directed against the cells' nuclei (the central core of each cell). There are several sub-types of ANAs, each of which is characteristic of a particular disease. Hence, THE TEST REPORTS WILL HELP ME IN IDENTIFYING the subtypes of ANA detected in you. This allows the use of ANAs in the diagnosis of * some autoimmune disorders, including - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus(SLE), - Sjögren's syndrome, - scleroderma; and, * Mixed Connective Tissue diseases (MCTD), such as, - Rheumatoid arthritis, - Polymyositis (disease of the body's muscles), - Dermatomyositis (involvement of the skin), - autoimmune hepatitis (liver disease) and - drug induced lupus (Lupus due to drugs). I will revert back to you and try my best to answer your query to your utmost satisfacgtion, once you upload the test reports, as well as, furnish detailed information about your problems (even the trivial and minor ones). Fond regards, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal