What does tiny ischemic foci ib bilateral anterior frontal white matter mean?

Nov 2013

what does few tiny ischemic foci ib bilateral anterior frontal white matter mean
have not heard from you yet
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Either due to old head injury or migraine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

Tiny ischemic foci in brain represents areas of reduced blood flow. They are usually due to migraine or due to old head injury. They are often of no clinical significance and do not require any treatment.

However, in some cases, they may also occur due to risk factors such as high BP, cholesterol or blood sugars. So, these risk factors should also be screened for.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog: