What does this blood report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2015
Apr 2015

Hematologist
Question
I just received results of a blood test and my results showed "Eosinophils %, automated count to be 9% with a normal range of 0-6%. What do these results show
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to some allergic condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Your eosinophil count is high. It is commonly seen allergy, asthma, hypersensitivity reactions, parasitic infection etc.

You're already having urinary tract infection, so right now just complete the course of your antibiotics. Repeat your complete blood count after 15 days.

If it remains persistent then you need to find other cause. No other treatment is required right now. Just be relaxed.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I'll be glad to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you very good health.