What does these ECG result mean and can I do anything to reduce risks of further problems?

Hello, I am 63 yr old female. Recent ECG shows inta arterial conduction delay. P/pr 138/170; Qrs 108; QT/Qtc 402/431; PQRS/TAxis 60/-/45 deg; Heart rate 69 I'm 82.kgs; ht 163 and take olmesartan 20mg a day. Average Bp 135/75. Now using respirate. What does this result mean and can I do anything to reduce risks of further problems please? Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Common ECG finding... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your ECG data and understood your concerns. Your recent ECG shows intra-atrial conduction delay, which is commonly found in patients with hypertension, pulmonary diseases and those being obese. Having conduction delay problems will increase the risk for atrial arrhythmia, especially atrial fibrillation. However, please bare in mind that this "conduction delay" is not a disease, but an ECG finding. Following healthy lifestyle and diet changes and trying to lose weight can help reduce that risk. Furthermore, keeping your blood pressure within normal ranges and controlling stress can also help. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What does these ECG result mean and can I do anything to reduce risks of further problems? 40 minutes later
Thanks for that. I am already addressing the weight and take a good deal of exercise. I've had a considerable amount of major stress and am learning yoga and meditation. What I would like to add in is jogging and treadmill to get more aerobic exercise. I need to know if this type of exercise is safe? Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Can do jogging&treadmill... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Doing jogging and treadmill are great aerobic exercise choices. You can safely do these exercises within the limits, without being exhausted. Dr.Benard