What does theendomysial antibody iga level mean on a celiac blood work profile?

What does the Endomysial Antibody IgA level mean on a celiac blood work profile? I had the test done over the summer and all the doctor said was that it was normal, she didn't say anything else. Today I was going through old blood work results and saw that the Endomysial Antibody IgA level was low, mine was 73 and the range was 91-414. What does this mean?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 2 days later
Dear Madam,

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

Endomysial Antibody IgA level are done to confirm the diagnosis of Celiac sprue.
Only an elevated/positive test result should be of concern.
As your report has turned out to be low, it suggests that you are not suffering from celiac sprue. Hence there is no need to worry about the test results.

I, will be happy to assist you with any further queries.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami- Assistant Professor.