What does the readings indicate?

I have a TSH of 0.08 and a T3 of 56 with a normal T4 of 5.1- what does this indicate?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi, low TSH is related to the medication (Lthyro)

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. TSH is low since every person who takes L-Thyronine, will have decrease in TSH which is normal. T3 is a little low which could have been affected by age (T4 changes to T3 in the tissues). The best way to say if your thyorid works normal is to check with your doctor to see if you have any symptoms of low functioning. It (low functioning of thyroid) is common in ladies after 60 years old and it is manageable. I wish you a good health.