Ask a Urologist   »  

What does the attached sonography report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi, I have 5 month baby Boy & since morning he is crying. For that reason wmy wife went to Pediatrician. He has suggested to do Sonograpy. After Sonography report is as attached
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please attach the report. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your five months old baby boy is crying since morning and you have done his Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen as per advice of a Paediatrician. However I can not make any comment as you failed to upload scanning report.Please upload the scanning report to help me in making any comments and diagnose his problem . Hope to hear from you about the reoprt. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does the attached sonography report indicate? 14 minutes later
Hello Sir, I have uploded the report once again

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: His pain is due to Gall Bladder stones Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your five months old baby has pain due to stones in gall bladder. The gall stone disease is very uncommon at this age but more and more cases are being reported due to availability of Ultrasound scanning facility. Gall bladder stones disease at this age may be due to some some blood disorders.and need to be investigated thoroughly. Please consult qualified Haematologist for clinical assessment and investigation under his guidance to fine out the cause of getting stones. In majority of cases child can be observed for few months and can be expected to have natural resolution .However may need surgical treatment (Laproscopic CholeCystectomy))if child develops jaundice or gets repeated episodes of pain. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does the attached sonography report indicate? 6 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your guidence. We will do the suggested action.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please go ahead. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for accepting my suggestion. Please do write if you need help from me. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.