What does testicular pain indicate?
User rating for this question
Hello Doctor, My friend is having testicular pain from last 4-5 days. Its a regular he is suffering. There is no malfunctioning of any of the testis. The shape and size is perfect. Please suggest what can be done?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to Epididymitis or Orchitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend has infection of the either Epididymis or Testis.which is most of the time secondary to unnoticed UTI . However this needs to be confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist. Please consult Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test with culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute. It should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What does testicular pain indicate? 4 hours later
Thanx doctor Dr XXXXXXX , Will update you about the progress. Thank you for your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please go agead and feedback me about the finding Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Please go ahead and do write if you require my help. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- What is treatment for testicular pain
- What is the treatment for testicular pain and back pain
- Symptoms of urinary tract infection/cystitis
- Can a 60 tear old lactate
- Groin pain and testicular pain
- Testicular pain in right testicle what this might be
- Symptoms of urinary fistula
- What does testicular pain indicate
- Symptoms of escherichia coli infection
- Symptoms of gall bladder spasms
- Flumed syrup 60 ml
- Pulse rate 60 yearold men
- How much sleep needed 60 yrs old
- Normal heartbeat at 60 years old
- Symptoms of neuropathic bladder