Ask a Urologist   »  

What does testicular pain indicate?

Jul 2016

Hello Doctor, My friend is having testicular pain from last 4-5 days. Its a regular he is suffering. There is no malfunctioning of any of the testis. The shape and size is perfect. Please suggest what can be done?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to Epididymitis or Orchitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend has infection of the either Epididymis or Testis.which is most of the time secondary to unnoticed UTI . However this needs to be confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist. Please consult Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test with culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute. It should get cured within a week. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What does testicular pain indicate? 4 hours later
Thanx doctor Dr XXXXXXX , Will update you about the progress. Thank you for your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please go agead and feedback me about the finding Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Please go ahead and do write if you require my help. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.