What does swollen glands in throat with painful pimples on tongue and swollen gums indicate?
User rating for this question
I have sore swollen glands on the side of my throat, my tongue has painful white pimples, my gums on my lower jaw are swollen. Is this more then a virus?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most often a virus Detailed Answer: Hi Viral infections can run such highly symptomatic course of illness. The symptoms that you described could be because of virus. However it is duration of the symptoms and supportive medicines that determine if it can be other organisms. I suggest my patients to use Ibuprofen 400mg thrice a day after meal for two days. Take enough fluids. Nutritious diet Rest for two full days. If the symptoms do not subside / improve in three days then you should see a local doctor. Suppose you have red throat, productive cough, loss of appetite and weight you should see a doctor immediately. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- Pcr test for uterus
- Symptoms of Either acute tonsillitis
- Diagnosis of Either acute tonsillitis
- Swollen gums glands throat
- Persistent red eyes bronchitis hashimotos
- Permanent solution for dry lips
- Swollen gums and glands
- Treatment and cure for Septicaemia
- Pet scan indicating red spots
- Swollen glands and swollen gums
- Bloody phlegm causes
- Hiv swollen gums and throat
- Pink stuff near my bum hole
- Treatment and cure for Rare blood disease
- Swollen gums and swollen throat