What does swollen glands in throat with painful pimples on tongue and swollen gums indicate?
User rating for this question
I have sore swollen glands on the side of my throat, my tongue has painful white pimples, my gums on my lower jaw are swollen. Is this more then a virus?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most often a virus Detailed Answer: Hi Viral infections can run such highly symptomatic course of illness. The symptoms that you described could be because of virus. However it is duration of the symptoms and supportive medicines that determine if it can be other organisms. I suggest my patients to use Ibuprofen 400mg thrice a day after meal for two days. Take enough fluids. Nutritious diet Rest for two full days. If the symptoms do not subside / improve in three days then you should see a local doctor. Suppose you have red throat, productive cough, loss of appetite and weight you should see a doctor immediately. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- 2nd dpt painless injections
- What does a purple tongue mean
- Side effects of microgynon 30 after 2year
- Swollen gums glands throat
- Is sleepiness normal in 2nd trimester
- Throat prusser what does that mean
- What does white spots on ovaries mean
- Swollen gums and glands
- Swollen glands and swollen gums
- What does produce to much saliva mean
- Hiv swollen gums and throat
- Pain in abdomen in dronis 2o
- Weather 2peg alcohol daily is good
- What does partial soft tissue opacification mean
- Swollen gums and swollen throat