What does sudden vomiting, lower abdomen and back pain lead to?

General Surgeon
Hello, I have been throwing up all morning, (from a supposed hangover), and can't hold food down. I felt sudden back and lower abdomen pain, that was sharp and all over. It happened about 3 hours after the last time I threw up. This does not feel like a hangover, I threw up 6 times, and slept for 13 hours and still do not feel well.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acute pancreatitis is possible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptoms after alcohol intake can be caused by gallstones or acute pancreas inflammation. If your abdomen is hard and tender, pancreas inflammation is most probable. Please do not ignore your symptoms and visit your doctor as soon as possible. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.