What does squamous cell in semen analysis report mean?

Sep 2012

What is squamous cell (+) in semen analysis test

Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, squamous cells are one type of epithelial cells. That means they make up the lining of an organ or skin.

In semen analysis test, it is normal to have few epithelial cells like squamous cells.

In your report, it is +. That means some squamous cells are present.

It does not have any great significance. So, do not worry at all.

But, you should consult with your treating doctor for clinical correlation of the report. That means, your clinical condition should be judged on the basis of this report for any significant clue, if present.

Except that you have to do nothing. Do not worry.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more query.

Follow-up: What does squamous cell in semen analysis report mean? 17 minutes later
Sir actually I was underwent surgery of vasovasostamy on january10th 2013 , on 5th march I tested my semen analysis test but sperm count is nil, but after vasovasostamy my semen show very thick and regularly used fertyl m and provironum tablets for sperm return, sir what can I do now for early return of sperm pls answer
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 30 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, absence of sperm may occur due to many causes among which one cause is blockage in the vas deference. In your case, the operation just cleared this blockage.

But, for a normal semen, the testis should be normal. that means, production of sperms should be normal. I do not know, about your clinical data. So, it is very difficult to comment on the time required for having a normal semen.

A testicular biopsy is necessary to see the status of sperm production in testis. If that biopsy shows that you have a normal functioning test, then, do not worry, just wait for few months and continue the medicines. Every thing will be alright.

If the biopsy shows that you have any abnormality in production of sperm, then it will be difficult to have a normal semen loaded with sperm.

You should repeat the semen analysis again. If the report shows still absence of sperm, you should consult with your treating doctor about the testicular biopsy, as i have told.

Lastly, without the biopsy report, it is impossible to say anything for you. But, you should take the medicines as instructed and then keep following up with your treating doctor.

Hope, you have your answers.