What does 'sperm count:35mil/ml'indicate?

Infertility Specialist
Hello Doctor, i have done my semen analysis test i m confused not able to understand need your help Microscopic Examination:- sperm count :- 35.0 mil./ml. Motility Grade after Liquefication:- Grade 4 (Active Forward Motility with Little Lateral Mmovement) :- 30 % Grade 3 ( Motility between grade 4 and 2) :- 20 % Grade 2 ( Slow motility with substtantial Yaw) := 10 % Grade 1 ( No Motility) 40 % Motility (AT ROOM TEMP.) % motile in 1hr :- 60 % % motile in 2nd to 4th hrs :- 50 % % motile in 5th to 8th hrs :- 40 % Need your reply doctor and also suggestion if there is any problem
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Your semen analysis is good and there is no problem. 2) Your sperm count and good grade motility seem to be fine and hence no problem. 3) You can become a father with this count, Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: What does 'sperm count:35mil/ml'indicate? 16 minutes later
Thanks for your reply doctor, I am married and completed 5yrs last year we have decided to conceive a baby but its almost a year no baby and we have spoken to a doctor for the same and has been informed there is a fertility issue were eggs are not growing properly due to which periods getting delayed last January 2013 my wife became pregnant we had done pregnancy test but in 5 days she got her periods, then we visited doctor and we came to know the issue now her medicines which she is using from past 1yr is OSSURE, GLYCOMET 500mg & SYSFOL folic acid 5mg. she is doing follicular sonography every 2 days to check the egg size and now eggs ruptured on time and she gets period on time so whats the issue why she is not becoming pregnant Need your help in this what else we can do? and do i need to increase my sperm count and also some time my penis doesn't erect for a long time i had taken megalis 20 for erection is it harmful? waiting for your reply I want to become a father this year Please need your good advice
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal Detailed Answer: Hi, Your semen report is normal. Your wife needs further investigations. Since you are trying from 5 years I suggest you see an IVF centre with wife for confirmation of problem and possibility an IUI. Regards,
Follow-up: What does 'sperm count:35mil/ml'indicate? 11 minutes later
Thank you once again for your reply Sure will do that But what should i take for erection? it doesn't last for a long time, i had taken Megalis 20 the time we keep relations does Megalis 20 is harmful? or can u suggest some capsules which doesn't harmful for my future baby please suggest me some good medicine where my erection last for a long time and we can enjoy our relations
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reduce stress Detailed Answer: Hi, For erection you need to concentrate on yourself and improve lifestyle. You have to reduce stress levels. Spend more time in foreplay before sex. Hence I suggest reducing stress is a main way for this rather than medicines. Regards