What does soreness in neck, shoulder, knuckle and sternum lead to?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I woke up two days ago with sore knees, a stiff/sore neck, sore shoulder, sore elbow, sore end knuckle on my middle finger (specifically), sore ankles, and sore sternum (I have been told in the past that I have chostocondritis, and this is the same type of pain). Today, I woke up with the same pain, but it is predominately located on my left side (left knuckle, left knee, left ankle, left side of my neck). This is an aching, joint pain, and while I'm not the doctor, no other symptoms seem to imply that this is a heart attack or anything. I did nothing to instigate this (no physical exertion, etc). My neck feels like when you sleep on it wrong and I can hardly turn it. My knees are very painful to walk on. Once I get up and moving, the pain dissipates to some degree (it remains, but it is less intense). Any thoughts?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: There is possibility of pain due to bad posture. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your symptoms there is possibility of pain due to bad posture as your whole left side is involved, analgesic and muscle relaxant will reduce pain. If not relieved then possibility of polyarthritis needs to be considered Rheumatoid arthritis may involve small joints and early morning stiffness in joints, do you have such complain? Ankylosing spondylitis typically involve spine and hips with other large joint also. There is reduced chest function in this disease. Stiffness in spine is increased do you have such stiffness in spine? When such patients come to our hospital I advise them blood test like RA factor, ACCP, ESR, complete blood count, HLA B27 Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.