What does solitary tiny focus of subcortical hyperintensity within the left frontal lobe mean?

As my doctor didn't elaborate on my MRI brain scan, I'm a little confused as what some things mean. It says there is a solitary tiny focus of subcortical hyperintensity within the left frontal lobe. Cerebral parenchymal signal is otherwise normal. There are grossly satisfactory flow voids seen related to the major intracranial arterial structures.
Much appreciated
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 22 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern, especially your family histotory

Let me explain you that in the practice of neurology, MRI data should always be correlated with clinical findings. The presence of left frontal sub-cortical hyperintensity could be due to many reasons (cyst, demyelination, infarcts and may even be a normal presentation). If your MRI was done routinely without any symptoms, you need not worry at all.

Hope this helps
Please get back to me in case you have any other questions and especially why MRI was done in you.

I will be happy to help you

Best wishes