Ask a Urologist   »  

What does solid material in urine stream indicate?

Hello, I previously corresponded with a nephrologist (Dr Bansal) through Healthcare Magic. The doctor I have seen at the Urgent Care clinic here in Los Angeles recommended I go see an urologist. While I was very happy with Dr. Bansal's answers, I thought I would reach out this time to an urologist. I have had cloudy urine on and off since November. Dipstick tests have been positive for blood, but both micro blood labs I have done are negative for blood. I have included my most recent blood & urine lab results below. (All results were within normal range.) Almost three weeks ago, I had solid material come out with my urine stream. It looked like small, soft yellow finger-shaped pieces, a strange black thread and a very tiny hard black speck. I have included a photo. These were sent to a lab. The lab said the yellow pieces were "ground substance" and that the rest was "bladder debris." But my urgent care doctor had no idea what that means diagnostically. So I need an expert's opinion. Could you please advise? Thank you & namaste XXXXXXX RECENT TEST RESULTS Comprehensive Metabolic Glucose 91 BUN 16.0 Creatinine .8 BUN/Creat ratio (calc) 20 GFR (calc) 106 AST(SGOT) 15 ALT (SGPT) 22 Alkaline phosphatase 59 Bilirubin, total .2 Calcium 9.7 Sodium 141 Potassium 4.0 Anion gap (calc) 14.0 Chloride 104 CO2 27 Total Protein 6.8 Albumin 4.6 Globulin 2.2 A/G Ratio (calc) 2.1 Urinalysis w/ Rfx micro Color Yel Appearance Clear pH 7.0 Sp Grav 1.021 Leuk Neg Nitrite Neg Urobil .2 Protein Neg Blood Neg Ketone Neg Bilirub Neg Glucose Neg
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Stone disease Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, All your symptoms as well as the abnormal lab tests were because of stone in the ureter. What you have passed out is a small stone alongwith organized clot. There is nothing much to worry and you need to get ultrasound of the kidneys to confirm that you don't have any other stone. Take care Sincerely Rajiv Goel