Ask a Urologist   »  

What does smelly urine indicate?

Question
I had infusion on tue my urine smells horriable and the yllow seperates in the stool. is this normal? my back in the kidney area also hurts?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not normal. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Smelly urine is not normal. There are chances of infection in urinary tract or in kidney as you have mentioned you have tenderness at the back in kidney area. I suggest you to go for investigations like Urine examination and culture for ruling out any bacteria, Ultrasound of KUB region. It is better to consult a urologist for investigations and clinical examination. In the meantime drink plenty of water. Antibiotics can be started if infection is confirmed. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.