What does skin test positive for T B indicate?

Dermatologist
Question
i just find out result of my tb skin test and was positive ? what does that mean? am i sick ? whats gonna happen ? im so scared ?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Skin test for T B being positive doesn't mean that you have disease. It just means that you have immunity against the disease. If you don't have any symptoms, you don't need to worry. I would like to know why this test was done. This will help me in correlating things in a better way. Waiting for your response. Thank you .

Follow-up: What does skin test positive for T B indicate? 5 hours later
my school in California require to do it

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. It's all right, if you don't have symptoms. There is nothing to worry. You are not sick and do not need treatment. The test indicates immunity to the disease. thank you