What does 'severe right axis deviation' mean?

I had a routine physical yesterday. EKG and results showed right bundle branch block, severe right axis deviation, and inferior infarct- age undetermined. But sinus rhythm. My physician has referred me to a cardiologist for further evaluation. Maybe stress test, echo EKG. I won't see him for 2 weeks. I am going on vacation next week. Any thing to worry about now? I have no symptoms.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sorry to say - the answer is yes Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Yes, it is a matter of concern… Absence of proof is no proof of absence / Absence of symptom is no proof of absence of a disease / this is not uncommon, especially in diabetics… / There could be blocks in one or more arteries.. they are silent till 70%; some beyond that too… There are several risk factors – Cholesterol / Metabolic Syndrome / Hypertension / Overweight.. The wise option is to postpone your vacation, until your investigations are completed. You do need an ECHO (preferably Stress ECHO) You also need Treadmill Exercise EKG – preferably with thallium isotope – for further assessment and assistance Discuss with your care provider / aspirin and/or clopidogrel is usually given until investigated fully / as also aggressive approach to manage the modifiable risk factors Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless