What does 'sella turcika intact' indicate in a MRI report?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Hi doctor. I have a question regarding Sella Turcica. what does it mean if the result of Sella Turcica L-L is "sella turcika intak."? .... this is the only result that i had in my medical report. is it something to be concerned of?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sella turcica is intact, is good for the patient Detailed Answer: I have checked the reports. I understood MRI but the hormone reference range is not understood as it is non English. The sella turcica is a part of boney skull, a depression in the middle line of the upper surface of the sphenoid bone in which the pituitary gland is lodged. Any test which says sella turcica is intact gives a sense of relief , is good for the patient,as otherwise it will have a far reaching consequence as it may impact pressure over the optic chiasma and could lead to visual problem. So with this any report saying sella turcica is intact is really reassuring. with best wishes from Dr Chowhan
Follow-up: What does 'sella turcika intact' indicate in a MRI report? 40 minutes later
thanks a lot doctor. Actually this is not for me personally. It is for my close relative, a male of 45 that suffered previously from a testicle tumor. As said he has also diabetic of type B and sudden headaches....not permanent but kind of crisis. I took an advise from another doctor as well to do a MRI of brain and visit the neurologist for the headache. Do you recommend me something else?
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Neurologist referral Detailed Answer: Yes as rightly suggested by other doctor such patients who has testicular tumor and now has headache needs to undergo MRI to exclude intracranial pathology (inside brain). It can be the cause of severe headache. Following consultation by Neurologist the problem can be rightly addressed. with thanks from Dr Chowhan