What does ruptured egg mean when trying to concieve?

Infertility Specialist
hi.. Doctor, I am XXXX 24 yrs old. I have 32-35 period cycle length. We are trying to get conceive. Undergone Follicular study, at 14th day the egg size was 9*10 mm, then 17th day it was same size. 21st day it has ruptured. It means, it ruptured without maturing or it would have matured in between those days and then ruptured? Pls clarify
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Wrong Report ? Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. There are 2 possibilities: 1) The ultrasound report is wrong. I think you should get a transvaginal ultrasound scan from a better infertility / IVF centre who is competent in this field. 2) The follicle is yet to grow and rupture is diagnosed wrongly. There is no way follicle might have increased and ruptured in such a short time. I think you should change the infertility centre in next cycle. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: What does ruptured egg mean when trying to concieve? 3 hours later
hello doctor, Thank you for your response.married for 2 and a half years.i have undergone all basic tests all being normal.its been 7 proper cycles since we started trying to conceive excluding few months of abstination due to repeated urinary infection. In that 7 months two times my period delayed 40+ days.showed faint positive in home kit and the within a day or two my period started ...all before 45 days...doc advised for a blood test and the result was: Free T4 : 1.59ng/dl TSH 3 RD GEN : 1.52 nd/dl ANTI - CARDIOLIPIN IgM: 5.30u/ml ANTI - CARDIOLIPIN IgG : 4.10u/ml aPTT observed value : 46.0 sec test value : 28.0 sec She said all look normal but the aPTT looks little elevated.can you please check and tell me if there is any problem.i dont understand at all.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: explained Detailed Answer: Hi, Just aPTT alone elevation is not a matter of concern. Prophylactically request you doctor to put you on anticoagulant medication which is a solution and simple way. Continue your follicular growth scan from a better IVF centre and see if you can get btter TVS scan report. Get your partner's semen analysis done. Regards, Dr. XXXXXXX Koregol
Follow-up: What does ruptured egg mean when trying to concieve? 36 minutes later
Hi doctor, My husband semen analysis is normal.85 million is the count and motility 80%. also i keep suffering from urinary infection.culture showed e.coli few months back and this month again a culture detected klebsiella Pneumoniae...i was given AMIKACIN injection for five days... It went away but the day after intercourse it has started again.what is the solution for this.Its been a problem since my marriage. Thanks a lot for your answer doctor
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urine culture and sensitivity. Detailed Answer: Hi, Your husband's semen analysis seems fine. Please get urine culture and sensitivity test done so that antibiotic to which this organism is susceptible. Take antibiotic only according to sensitivity report. Get a scan of abdomen to rule out small kidney stones causing recurrent infection though less likely. Practice hygiene after passing urine and stools. Regards