What does remote and superimposed mean?

My husband died from a heart attack many years ago. I understand myocardial infarction, but what exactly does "remote and superimposed' mean? Does it necessarily mean a pre-existing condition?
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
The literal meaning of remote is far apart and superimposed means,one upon other.
But I have not understood,in what context you want the meaning of these words.
Please do let me know the exact context or if you have some report,please share with me so that I am able to shed proper light on it.
It doesnt necessarily means a pre existing condition.
Best of luck
Follow-up: What does remote and superimposed mean? 24 minutes later
The cause of my husband's death as given in the report was "remote and superimposed myocardial infarction". He and one brother each had major cardiac events in their fifties ( husband's brother received a pig valve) and the brother's daughter, my niece, who works in genetics at a Boston hospital, now questions if they might have had an ineritable valve problem, which could possibly be inherited by her children and mine.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 hours later
 Heart valve disease can be congenital (present at birth). It is thought that many congenital cases of heart valve disease are caused by genetic (inherited) factors.

Heart valve disease can also be acquired. This can be caused by a number of things including:

Hypertension (high blood pressure).
Syphilis (a sexually transmitted disease).
Rheumatic fever (an inflammatory illness).

Superimposed myocardial infarction means that the heart was weakened by the valvular problems and subsequently acute myocardial infarction took place on the diseased heart resulting in death.

Not all valvular heart problems are inherited.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck