What does red,itchy body rash with fever indicate?
User rating for this question
my 65 yr old husband has had a red itchy rash over much of his body for the past three days. The rash is a general streaky redness most visible on his torso. Today he started having severe chills for several hours and after has slept most of the day. He is now running a fever of 1o2.2. He has no congestion or nausea....just feels horrible. He is an orthopedic surgeon who deals with a lot of infections.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Red rash with fever Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, The possibilities are Exanthematous rash associated with fever, Drug rash or Acute urticaria. Exanthematous rash usually starts from head and spreads downwards. It is usually mildly itchy and subsides once the fever subsides. Drug rash usually starts from the torso. It is very itchy and some antibiotics or anti pyretics can be the cause. If he has not taken any of these prior to the rash then it is unlikely. Acute urticaria could be due to infection or medications. It is usually characterized by wheals or hives. They appear randomly all over the body. A routine blood counts (Total count, Differential count and Platelet count ),will give a clue. Hope this helped, If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.
People also viewed
- Is tightness in chest a side effect of doxazosin?
- Body rash and fever
- Is indigestion a side effect of loestrin fe 1/20?
- Pain in chest when lifting arm
- Is double vision a side effect of lo loestrin fe?
- Tingling pains in chest arms and hands
- Tinlgly hands arms chest
- Is blurred vision a side effect of hydromorphone?
- Body rash fever aches
- Is nausea and vomiting a side effect of juxtapid?
- Fever body rash baby
- Pain in chest when lifting left arm
- Whole body rash fever
- What does reditchy body rash with fever indicate
- Chest pain left arm shivering symptoms