Ask a Urologist   »  

What does reddish brown urine and frequent urge to urinate indicate?

Hi just got a text from my partner, he has blood in his urine a reddish brown colour, and feels he has to urinate all the time
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: He needs to be evaluated... Detailed Answer: Hi, His symptoms concern me. Frequent urge to urinate with bloody urine can indicate infection or problem with his prostate. I would test his urine sample and order from an ultrasound examination at the earliest if I were to be his doctor. If I were you, I would suggest him to drink plenty of fluids and urge him to visit the ER. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards