What does red looking cervix indicate?

As iv already asked but still want more information, I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I went for a Pap smear today and the doctor said my cervix looked abit red? I'm so scared I have cancer, my last pap was 24 months ago and was all clear. Please help!!!
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait for the test report Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. Red looking cervix can be a normal finding in most women. It can be cervical erosion, which could be due to increased levels of pregnancy hormone. Please be relaxed. This is unlikely to be cancer. I would suggest you to wait for the PAP smear test report patiently. Also, do not undergo unnecessary investigations and vaginal examination in pregnancy unless purely indicated. In my view, this is just a normal finding in your pregnancy. Please do not be scared about this. Focus on your pregnancy, eat healthy and take rest. Wait patiently for the test report. Regards,
Follow-up: What does red looking cervix indicate? 19 minutes later
Thank you so much for your reply, I can't help but worry because there is always something off in either blood test ultrasound and now this, thank you for the reassurance, also the doctor said I had a lot of mucus which iv sort of always had but could it be more due to pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, there is more mucus in pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, there can be more mucus in pregnancy than in non-pregnant state. This is normal, and expected. This is again because of the hormone progesterone that make the cervical secretions thick. Please do not worry about this either. I do not see any reason for you to worry here. Take good care of yourself. Drink plenty of fluids orally. Regards,
Follow-up: What does red looking cervix indicate? 9 hours later
Just one more thing, iv also been getting like a full ache in either left lower stomach like direct across from belly button but more towards hips and also on right side but I also get it under my ribs on right side, it's not sharp or really painful it's just like a dull ache in a small area, what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX contractions Detailed Answer: Hello, The pain in the lower stomach are most likely to be XXXXXXX XXXXXXX contractions. These are benign uterine contractions that you can feel throughout pregnancy. The pain under the ribs on right side might not be related to this, and this can be muscle spasm. I would suggest you to rest well. You must sleep for minimum 8 hrs at night and 2 hrs in the noon. There is no need to take any medicine for this. Lukewarm water bath will help relax the muscles. Regards,